Rospotrebnadzor requires employers to ensure that their foreign employees are vaccinated for measles
Rospotrebnadzor issued an order on March 23, 2019 requiring employers hiring foreign nationals to ensure that their foreign employees who have not had the measles, who have not been vaccinated, or who have no record of measles vaccination are vaccinated against measles by December 31, 2019.
There are no exceptions to this rule so all foreign employees, including highly qualified specialists are to be vaccinated.
Employers must inform Rospotrebnadzor that all their foreign employees have been vaccinated against measles by December 31, 2019.
Liability for non-compliance
Employers failing to comply with the requirements for vaccination of employees may be fined from RUB 10,000 to RUB 20,000 or may be brought to administrative liability in the form of suspension for up to 90 days.
Guidelines for employees
Where can foreign employees get measles vaccination?
Foreign employees may get vaccinated in almost any private, municipal or state medical center in which such service is provided.
A document with personal details and the date of vaccination will be issued to foreign employees right after vaccination.
When foreign employees have been vaccinated against measles in their country
Supporting document available
If a foreign national has been vaccinated against measles abroad and a supporting document is available to confirm vaccination, the foreign national will not need to be vaccinated again. The supporting document will need to be translated into Russian, and a copy of this document should be provided to the employer for storage and submission in case of inspection.
No supporting document available
If a foreign national has been vaccinated in his/her country but no document is available to confirm vaccination, Rospotrebnadzor recommends undergoing tests for measles virus antibodies. The document issued after such test should also be provided to the employer.
Guidelines for employers
- Inform foreign employees that they should be vaccinated;
- Obtain the relevant document from employees after their vaccination;
- When employees have been vaccinated in their country:
- If a document confirming vaccination is available, this document should be translated into Russian and submitted to the employer;
- If no document confirming vaccination is available, foreign employees should undergo a test for measles virus antibodies and submit the relevant document to their employer.
- Inform Rospotrebnadzor of vaccination of foreign employees by December 31, 2019.