Conditions for hiring foreign students have been simplified
Amendments to Federal Law On the Legal Status of Foreign Nationals in the Russian Federation will be effective from August 05, 2020.
Under the new rules, foreign students who:
- Study full-time in the Russian Federation
- In professional educational or higher education organizations
- In a state-accredited educational program
- Work in their free time
may work in the Russian Federation:
- With no work permit or patent
- Even if their employer has no authorization to hire foreign nationals
In case of end of studies, employment contracts or civil law contracts for work (provision of services) are to be terminated. Moreover, the forms and procedures for notifying the hiring of foreign students to work (provide services) have been canceled, but employers concluding and/or terminated employment or civil law contracts with foreign students must, as a general rule, notify migration authorities.