Labor & Migration
Labor law services in Russia
There are many aspects particular to Russian labor laws that international companies need to understand. Russian labor law is biased towards employees, and it is often extremely difficult for employers to dismiss an employee. Non-compete provisions are not enforceable under Russian law, and employment can be terminated by an employee any time subject to a two-week written notice.
Our practitioners provide comprehensive legal advice and due diligence for compliance with local employment regulations and HR documentation. Our outstanding experts have many years of experience and are happy to share it to support your business upon:
- hiring and dismissing key managers;
- employment restructuring;
- employment dispute settlement;
- attracting foreign specialists to work in Russia (see Work Permits & Visas section below);
- staff redundancies, secondment and outsourcing of personnel;
- preparation of personal data protection systems and documentation;
- representation of interests during audits conducted by state authorities
Accountor experts draft internal regulations and develop systems relating to personnel bonus and salary, insurance, workplace safety, personal data protection and many more.
We are happy to assist you with employment terminations, reorganization procedures, change of ownership, liquidation of legal entities, negotiations of collective agreements and cooperation with trade unions.
Together we can achieve all our goals, stay up-to-date on the latest employment and HR trends, optimize schemes and strategies allowing to retain the most talented, motivated and high-potential employees.
Work Permits & Visas
It is always challenging for foreign individuals or companies to deal with the Federal Migration Service of Russia. The Federal Migration Service became part this summer of the structure of the Ministry of Internal Affairs, and this means that the rules of the game are being changed again for companies doing business in Russia and work permit and visa applicants. The risks of fines or deportation are really high now. Our company has been providing work permit and visa support since 1992 so we do know all the critical details and peculiarities of the application process for work permits and visas for foreign nationals.
We recommend our clients to apply, wherever possible, for a highly qualified work permit as opposed to a regular one as this option offers several advantages. It takes much less time and efforts to obtain such work permit: it takes about 1.5 month compared to of 3-4 months for a regular work permit. In addition, personal 13% income tax rate applies in Russia immediately upon receipt of a highly qualified work permit, and there is no need to confirm that the applicant has stayed in Russia for more than half a year over the previous 12 months. A highly qualified work permit is valid for 3 years, whereas a regular work permit is valid for one year. However, in order to apply for a highly qualified work permit, the applicant’s salary should amount to at least 2 million rubles per year, which is roughly EUR 2,200 per month.
Our experts will help you at all stages of the work permit application procedure:
- We provide full consultation on the type of work permit which would be more appropriate in each situation – whether you should apply for a regular work permit or a work permit for highly qualified specialist. We also advise on the region and the validity term for which permits should be obtained.
- Together with our clients we prepare all necessary documentation in Russia and in the country of origin;
- We complete and submit all application forms and required documents;
- We provide constant support to obtain the required medical certificates;
- We assist with the payment for all necessary fees and duties;
- Our professionals will personally visit all relevant local authorities, including the Employment Service, Federal Migration Service, medical centers, embassies and consulates, notaries and so forth to handle all necessary matters and ensure smooth and prompt receipt of work permits and work visas.
We can also provide business invitations to employees if urgently required during visa application procedures.
If you would like to find out more about our services, please feel free to contact us by phone: +7 495 788 00 05, by email: email@example.com or filling the contact form below. We will get back to you as soon as possible.