Voluntary medical insurance requirements for foreign employees
The Bank of Russia has set up minimum requirements for voluntary medical insurance for foreign nationals coming to the Russian Federation to work. For example, there are now requirements for voluntary medical insurance policy forms for migrant workers and for the information that should be specified in such insurance policies (information about the insurer, policy holder and insured).
The following points should be taken into account upon hiring foreign nationals:
1. The validity term of voluntary medical insurance contracts for migrant workers should be the same as the expected term of their work permit;
2. Voluntary medical insurance contracts for migrant workers may provide that they become effective only after the work permit or patent start date;
3. Voluntary medical insurance contracts must specify that they cover the constituent entity of the Russian Federation in which the foreign national intends to work;
4. The insurance coverage under such contracts should be at least RUB 100,000;
It is important to note that voluntary medical insurance policies are mandatory documents for employment of foreign nationals.
5. The details of voluntary medical insurance policies must be specified in the employment contracts with foreign nationals;
6. Expiration of terms of voluntary medical insurance policies or termination by employers of contracts for provision of paid medical services are grounds for work suspension of foreign employees working under such policies and/or contracts.