Privacy Statement for applicants
Last updated 2018-05-29
This Privacy Statement (hereinafter "Statement") informs you how Accountor Ekonomi & Rådgivning AB collects, uses or shares your personal data in connection with your job application and the recruitment process with Accountor Ekonomi & Rådgivning AB or its recruitment client.
1. Data controller
The data controller in accordance with the applicable data protection law is Accountor Ekonomi & Rådgivning AB (hereinafter together "Accountor", "we", "us" or "our"). Accountor is responsible for ensuring that your personal data is processed in compliance with this Statement and applicable data protection laws.
Contact details of the data controller:
Accountor Ekonomi & Rådgivning AB
Business ID: 556583-7803
Address: Box 1126, 111 81 Stockholm
Phone: 010-475 01 00
Contact details of the person responsible for data protection:
Katarina Hall, Data Protection Controller, Sweden
Address: Box 1126, 111 81 Stockholm
We are part of Accountor Group. Contact details of the Group Data Protection Officer:
Päivi Konttila-Lokio, Data Protection Officer
Address: Keilaniementie 1, 02150 Espoo, Finland
2. Collection of personal data
We may collect your personal data through different means. Primarily, we collect personal data directly from you. When allowed by applicable laws, we may also collect personal data from other sources, such as publicly available databases.
We collect personal data concerning applicants that is necessary to manage the job application and the recruitment process, such as
- basic personal data, e.g. name, home address, email address, phone number, data and place of birth;
- information contained in your job application and documents presented in that context, e.g. information about your education, previous work experience, qualifications, language skills, salary expectation and references; and
- information collected and processed during the recruitment process, e.g. information about the progress of the recruitment process, notes concerning your application and possible interviews, and information concerning possible aptitude tests, salary expectation and references.
3. Purpose and legal basis for processing personal data
We process personal data of applicants to manage the recruitment process, such as to handle job applications, to inform applicants about the progress of recruitment, to arrange interviews and to test professional and personal capabilities. The legal basis for processing personal data is to take steps prior to entering into a possible employment contract at your request by submitting your job application to us.
Under specific circumstances and to the extent permitted by applicable laws, we may also process personal data for a reliability assessment or background verification based on the consent given.
4. Transfers and disclosures of personal data
We may disclose your personal data within the Accountor Group. Your personal data may also be processed by another Accountor Group entity on behalf of us. We base this processing on our legitimate interest to transmit personal data within the Accountor Group for internal administrative purposes, such as for the purposes of management reporting and for operating our business effectively, such as for using centralized recruitment systems.
We may disclose your personal data to the company offering the position you apply for, also in case the company is not part of Accountor.
We may disclose personal data to other third parties:
- when permitted or required by law;
- when our trusted services providers process personal data on behalf of us and under our instructions (e.g. outsourced recruitment and aptitude tests). We will control those providers and be responsible for the use of your personal data at all times;
- if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request; and
- with your consent to parties the consent relates to e.g. referees.
5. Transfers of personal data outside the EU/EEA
We do not transfer your personal data outside the EU or the European Economic Area for managing your employment relationship.
6. Retention of personal data
Your personal data will be retained only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes defined in this Statement.
Your personal data will be retained during the course of the recruitment process. Thereafter, we typically store your personal data for 12 months after your last login into the recruitment system.
When your personal data is no longer required by law or rights or obligations by either party, we will delete your personal data.
7. Your rights
You have a right to access personal data we process about you. You may access, correct, update, change or ask removal of your personal data at any time. However, please note that certain information is strictly necessary in order to fulfil the purposes defined in this Statement and may also be required by law. Thus, such personal data may not be removed.
You have a right to object for certain processing. To the extent required by applicable data protection law, you have a right to restrict data processing.
You have a right to data portability, i.e. right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format and transmit your personal data to another data controller, to the extent required by applicable law.
If our processing of your personal data is based on a consent, you have a right to withdraw the consent at any time. We will no longer process your personal data on the purposes consented, unless there is another legal ground for the processing.
Please send above-mentioned requests to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you think there is a problem with the way we are handling your personal data, you have a right to file in a complaint to your national data protection authority in the EU/EEA. In Sweden, that is Datainspektionen. You can find contact details of Datainspektionen here: www.datainspektionen.se/other-lang/in-english.
We maintain security measures (including physical, electronic, and administrative) that are appropriate to protect personal data from loss, destruction, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. For example, we limit access to personal data to authorized employees and contractors who need to know the information in the course of their work tasks.
Please be aware that, although we endeavour to provide appropriate security measures for personal data, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches. If a security breach occurs, we will inform you in accordance with applicable laws.
9. Changes to this statement
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make any changes to this Statement, we will let you know it in our website at https://www.accountor.se/sv/privacy-statement, where you will also find the latest version of this Statement
10. Contact us
If you have any questions regarding this Statement or the personal data we process about you, please contact us at email@example.com .