Privacy Statement for applicants Accountor Group
This Privacy Statement for Applicants ("Applicant Statement") describes how Accountor collects and processes your personal data in connection with your job application and the recruitment process.
Please read this Applicant Statement together with Accountor General Statement, if necessary, before sending a job application or entering a recruitment process with us.
Collection of personal data
We collect your personal data through different means. Primarily, we collect and process data, which
- is provided by you in connection with the recruitment process e.g. when you provide your CV, fill out an application form or provide information about you in an interview;
- is generated during the process e.g. in an aptitude or personality test: and
- is obtained from publicly available sources or third parties, to the extent permitted by applicable laws e.g. from your referees, recruitment consultants, assessment companies or an external website that you have referred to, or use of which you have consented.
We may combine the data collected from different sources, e.g. from publicly available sources, and from your CV.
You may decide not to provide any personal data to us, but we may not be able to proceed the recruitment process with you.
Personal data categories
The personal data we collect and process includes the following categories of data:
- basic information, such as name and contact details (email, address and phone), and date and place of birth;
- information contained in your job application and cv as well as documents presented in that context, e.g. information about your education, previous work experience, qualifications, language skills and references;
- information collected and processed during the recruitment process, e.g. information about the progress of the recruitment process, notes concerning your application and possible interviews, information concerning possible personality assessment or aptitude tests, and references; and
- other data, which is based on your consent and defined in detail on a case by case basis such as information on credit checks or security clearance in accordance with applicable laws.
Purpose and legal basis for processing personal data
We only collect and process personal data, which is needed for recruitment purposes and evaluating suitability of the applicants.
Your personal data is processed for the following purposes:
1. MANAGING RECRUITMENT PROCESS
We collect and process personal data, which is needed for managing the recruitment process such as to handle job applications, to inform applicants about the progress of recruitment, to arrange interviews and to examine and test professional and personal capabilities. The legal basis for processing personal data is to take steps prior to entering into a possible employment contract at your request by submitting your job application to us.
2. SUITABILITY ASSESSMENT
We may process your personal data to assess your suitability for an open position by evaluating your working methods, personal characteristics and professional competence. Such processing is based on our legitimate interest to ensure successful recruitment and that necessary capabilities and competences required in the given position are fulfilled by an applicant.
Under specific circumstances and to the extent permitted by applicable laws, we may also process personal data based on your consent for a reliability assessment or security clearance or to perform appropriate personality and suitability assessment tests to ensure that the prerequisites related to the given position are met.
3. FUTURE RECRUITMENT PROCESSES
With your consent we may process your personal data for future open positions for a specified time period.
4. DEVELOPMENT OF RECRUITMENT PROCESS AND STATISTICS
We may process your personal data to improve our recruitment process. In addition, personal data may be processed for statistical and recordkeeping purposes. In these cases, the processing is based on our legitimate interests to improve our processes and to ensure collection of necessary information for HR management purposes such as reporting.
5. COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAW
We may process your personal data in order to meet our statutory obligations such as to fulfil authorities’ requests based on the law.
If you have provided your consent to the collection and processing of your personal data in connection with the recruitment process, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. If you wish to withdraw your consent, you may contact the recruitment channel used in the given process or at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Changes to Applicant Statement
We may update this Applicant Statement at any time, if required in order to reflect the changes in our data processing practices. The last update was in April 2023.