Privacy Statement for Customers and Business Stakeholders
This Privacy Statement for Customers and Business Stakeholders ("Stakeholder Statement") describes how Accountor collects and processes personal data in following contexts:
- service provision and customer management;
- purchases and vendor management;
- co-operation activities and stakeholder management;
- sales opportunities and management thereof; or
- events organized by Accountor and management thereof.
Please read this Stakeholder Statement together with Accountor General Statement, if necessary, before you start using our services or engaging in business with us.
Collection of personal data
We collect your personal data through different means. Primarily, we collect and process data, which
- is provided by you when you communicate or do business with us, e.g. when you buy our services or contact us for providing services, give your contact information to Accountor representatives, visit our premises, or register in Accountor event;
- is generated when using or logging into our services or participating an event organized by Accountor; and
- is obtained from other Accountor companies, publicly available sources or third parties, where permitted by applicable laws, e.g. when submitted to us directly by a company you are connected to or originating from Trade Register or The Business Information System.
We may combine the data collected from different sources, e.g. from publicly available sources, and from our different interactions with you e.g. in connection with service provision and events.
You may decide not to provide any personal data to us, but that may complicate or prevent us doing business with you, or a company you represent, or executing certain activities you have requested from us.
Personal data categories
The personal data we collect and process includes the following categories of data:
- basic information, such as name, title and your relation to a company you represent and contact details (email, address and phone), and language preferences;
- information relating to our relationship, such as service and order details, payment details, billing information or information related to your visit at our premises (such as vehicle license plate number);
- marketing and communication data, e.g. product preferences, marketing permissions and prohibitions;
- your interaction and related records, such as correspondence, service requests, call recordings, your participation in events organized by us as well as entries on the use of individual’s rights;
- service related information, e.g. personal data generated in connection with the service provision e.g. user IDs, passwords, authentication details, login information, and how services are used;
- project related data, such as resourcing, assignments and hour bookings; and
- other data, which is based on your consent and defined in detail on a case by case basis.
We may collect and use for any purpose aggregated data, where no natural person may be identified. Examples of such data are statistical data or demographic data collected for example in connection with service provision or events organized by Accountor.
Purpose and legal basis for processing personal data
We only collect and process personal data, which is needed for conducting our business, managing our business relationships and for other relevant operational or commercial purposes, including the processing of personal data for anonymizing it.
Your personal data is processed for the following purposes:
1. SALES AND CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
We will process your personal data to sell our services and to manage customer relationship between us and you, or a company you represent, including customer support, invoicing, reporting and contracts. In these cases, our processing is based on the contract between you, or a company you represent, and us, or our legitimate interests to serve you based on your choices and enhance your customer experience.
2. SOURCING AND BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
When acquiring services, we may process your personal data to manage business relationship between us and you, or a company you represent, and related interactions, including managing invoicing, reporting and contracts. In these cases, our processing is based on the contract between you, or a company you represent, and us, or our legitimate interests to operate our business effectively.
3. SERVICE PROVISION
In connection with service provision we may process your personal data for offering and delivering services to you or the company you are representing, as well as to manage our projects and field operations, including customer support and fault repair, invoicing, reporting and contracts. In these cases, our processing is based on the contract between you, or a company you represent, and us, or our legitimate interests to manage our service provision, projects, deliveries and field operations effectively.
4. COMMUNICATION, MARKETING AND RELATED ANALYTICS
We may process personal data for marketing and informing you about services Accountor is offering or about Accountor as a company. Your personal data may also be used for market research and customer surveys. In addition, personal data may be used for analytics in order to develop and improve customer experience, or our own or our partners operations. We may combine the data collected about you from publicly available sources, and from our different interactions with you. Processing of personal data is based on our legitimate interest to have relevant information at hand to better understand our stakeholders, e.g. customers, and to promote and develop relevant services.
You may object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing at any time (please see General Statement section of “Your rights”).
5. SERVICE DEVELOPMENT, INFORMATION SECURITY AND INTERNAL REPORTING
Your personal data may be processed to improve the quality and ensure the information security of our services as well as to develop our services and operations. We may also generate internal reports for management purposes based on personal data. In these cases, the processing is based on our legitimate interest to operate business effectively and to ensure that our services have an adequate level of information security as well as that there are necessary information available for management to operate, promote and develop our business.
6. ENFORCEMENT OF RIGHTS AND COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAW
We may also process your personal data for the purpose of investigating misconduct, protecting, defending, or enforcing our rights for various governmental procedures or disputes, such as demonstrating the proper functioning of the services or responding to legal claims.
We process your personal data in order to meet our statutory obligations such as to fulfil authorities’ (e.g. tax authority) requests based on the law.
7. OTHER PURPOSES YOU HAVE CONSENTED TO
We may process your personal data also for one or more specific purposes, if you have consented to such processing.
We send commercial e-mails that typically include technologies (web beacons, cookies or similar) that allow us to know what you do with the message and links you may click. When you click a link in a marketing e-mail you receive from us, we will also use a cookie to log what pages you view and what content you download from our Website.
You may control the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You can ask Accountor to stop sending you marketing messages by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at email@example.com at any time. In such case, we will retain minimum personal data to comply with your choice in order to avoid contacting you again.
Please note that even though you opt-out of marketing, we may need to contact and communicate with you in connection with the other purposes your personal data is processed for, e.g. in connection with service delivery.
Changes to Stakeholder Statement
We may update this Stakeholder Statement at any time, if required in order to reflect the changes in our data processing practices. The last update was on September 14th, 2020.