Last updated 15.1.2019
1. This is a recruitment service managed by Accountor Group and intended for Accountor HR4 Oy (later called Accountor).
4. Accountor is using cookies to improve the quality of the service. A cookie is a text file that is sent and stored on the computer of the applicant. It makes possible to process the information related to the service. With the information gained it’s possible to analyze and improve the service for the applicant.
5. The applicant receives a personal username and password for the service. The applicant shall be responsible for all use of the service with these details.
6. With the service, the applicant can browse job advertisements stored in the service and submit electronic job application. The applicant is responsible for the correctness of the information they enter using the service.
8. Accountor is responsible for the forwarding of job applications submitted using the service only in cases when the applicant receives a confirmation of the application being successfully saved in the system.
9. Job applications submitted in the service are saved in the system and become available for employer to use in its recruitment processes. When the applicant updates his/her basic personal data (e.g. name, address and contact information) provided in the service, the updated information becomes available to any employer the applicant has addressed the application to.
10. The service and its content are the property of Accountor and its co-partners, protected by copyright laws and international copyright agreements as well as other intellectual property legislation. Accountor does not give the applicant immaterial rights to any information or content in the Service.
PRIVACY STATEMENT FOR APPLICANTS
This Privacy Statement (hereinafter ”Statement”) informs you how Accountor HR4 Oy collects, uses or shares your personal data in connection with your job application and the recruitment process.
1. DATA CONTROLLER
The data controller in accordance with the applicable data protection law is Accountor HR4 Oy (hereinafter together ”Accountor”, ”we”, ”us” or ”our”). Accountor is responsible for ensuring that your personal data is processed in compliance with this Statement and applicable data protection laws.
Contact details of the data controller:
Accountor HR4 Oy
Business ID: 1976197-7
Address: Keilaniementie 1, 02150 Espoo
Phone: +358 10 778 1700
>We are part of Accountor Group. Contact details of the Group Data Protection Officer:
Päivi Konttila-Lokio, Data Protection Officer
Address: Keilaniementie 1, 02150 Espoo
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
We may collect your personal data through different means. Primarily, we collect personal data directly from you. When allowed by applicable laws, we may also collect personal data from other sources, such as publicly available databases.
We collect personal data concerning applicants that is necessary to manage the job application and the recruitment process, such as
- basic personal data, e.g. name, home address, email address, phone number;
- information contained in your job application and documents presented in that context, e.g. information about your education, previous work experience, qualifications, language skills, and references; and
- information collected and processed during the recruitment process, e.g. information about the progress of the recruitment process, notes concerning your application and possible interviews, and information concerning possible aptitude tests, and references.
3. PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
We process personal data of applicants to manage the recruitment process, such as to handle job applications, to inform applicants about the progress of recruitment, to arrange interviews and to test professional and personal capabilities. The legal basis for processing personal data is to take steps prior to entering into a possible employment contract at your request by submitting your job application to us.
Under specific circumstances and to the extent permitted by applicable laws, we may also process personal data for a reliability assessment or background verification based on the consent given.
4. TRANSFERS AND DISCLOSURES OF PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your personal data within the Accountor Group. Your personal data may also be processed by another Accountor Group entity on behalf of us. We base this processing on our legitimate interest to transmit personal data within the Accountor Group for internal administrative purposes, such as for the purposes of management reporting and for operating our business effectively, such as for using centralized recruitment systems.
We may disclose personal data to third parties:
- when permitted or required by law;
- when our trusted services providers process personal data on behalf of us and under our instructions (e.g. outsourced recruitment and aptitude tests). We will control those providers and be responsible for the use of your personal data at all times;
- if we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request; and
- with your consent to parties the consent relates to e.g. referees.
5. TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EU/EEA
We do not transfer your personal data outside the EU or the European Economic Area for managing your employment relationship.
6. RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will be retained only for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes defined in this Statement. Personal data might be retained after the recruitment process has ended, if required or allowed by applicable laws. We store your personal data for 360 days after you have entered your application.
WHEN YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS NO LONGER REQUIRED BY LAW OR RIGHTS OR OBLIGATIONS BY EITHER PARTY, WE WILL DELETE YOUR PERSONAL DATA.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
You have a right to access personal data we process about you. You may access, correct, update, change or ask removal of your personal data at any time. However, please note that certain information is strictly necessary in order to fulfil the purposes defined in this Statement and may also be required by law. Thus, such personal data may not be removed.
You have a right to object for certain processing. To the extent required by applicable data protection law, you have a right to restrict data processing.
You have a right to data portability, i.e. right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format and transmit your personal data to another data controller, to the extent required by applicable law.
If our processing of your personal data is based on a consent, you have a right to withdraw the consent at any time. We will no longer process your personal data on the purposes consented, unless there is another legal ground for the processing.
Please send above-mentioned requests to us at email@example.com. If you think there is a problem with the way we are handling your personal data, you have a right to file in a complaint to your national data protection authority in the EU/EEA. In Finland, that is data protection authority is tietosuojavaltuutettu. You can find contact details of Finland’s data protection authority here: https://www.tietosuoja.fi/en/home.
We maintain security measures (including physical, electronic, and administrative) that are appropriate to protect personal data from loss, destruction, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. For example, servers on which the register is maintained are located in a secured datacenter within the EU. Access to the system requires a password protected access right granted by Accountor as this is necessary for carrying out the job duties. The right of access to the system ends if a person takes up other duties than those for which access rights were given. The register is stored in a network and it is protected from public network by means of fire walls. Transfer of confidential information via public network is protected by technical means.
Please be aware that, although we endeavour to provide appropriate security measures for personal data, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches. If a security breach occurs, we will inform you in accordance with applicable laws.
9. CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make any changes to this Statement, we will let you know it in our website at https://www.accountor.com/en/privacy-statement-applicants-hr4, where you will also find the latest version of this Statement.
10. CONTACT US
If you have any questions regarding this Statement or the personal data we process about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.