Privacy Statement for website visitors
This Privacy Statement for Website Visitors ("Website Visitor Statement") describes how Accountor collects and processes your personal data in relation to your use of any of Accountor websites, such as accountor.com (“Website”), in other words, when you
- visit the Website, or
- you communicate or interact with us via the Website e.g. download material, subscribe to our newsletters, take part in a promotion campaign or give us feedback.
Please read this Website Visitor Statement together with Accountor General Statement, if necessary, carefully before you start browsing our Website.
Collection of personal data
We collect your personal data through different means. Primarily, we collect and process data, which
- is provided by you when you communicate with us e.g. via chat or do business with us like subscribe to our newsletter, contact us requesting an offer or provide information to us through forms available at the Website;
- is generated when you visit our Website or use our services provided therein, e.g. when you download or search information; and
- is obtained from publicly available sources or third parties, where permitted by applicable law, e.g. Trade Register or technical data from analytics providers, advertising networks and search information providers.
We may combine the data collected about you from publicly available sources, and from our different interactions with you e.g. via the Website and e-mail.
You may decide not to provide any personal data, but that may affect to the functionality of our Website or we will not be able to execute certain activities you have requested from us.
Personal data categories
The personal data we collect and process in our Website includes the following categories of data:
- basic information, such as name, your title and relation to a company you represent and contact details (email, address and phone), or other identifiers;
- marketing and communication data e.g. preferences, marketing permissions and prohibitions;
- your interaction and related records such as correspondence, your comments or responses to our surveys;
- personal data generated in connection with the use of our services or collected while visiting our Website e.g. user IDs, passwords, authentication details, and how you use the Website or our services;
- technical data on browsing the Website e.g. login information, language, device ID and operating system, as well as other data collected by means of cookies and similar technologies; and
- other data, which is based on your consent and defined in detail on a case by case basis.
We may collect and use for any purpose aggregated data, where no natural personal may be identified. Examples of such data are statistical data or demographic data collected in connection with the use of our Website.
Purpose and legal basis for processing personal data
We only collect and process personal data, which is needed for managing our relationship with you and for other relevant operational or commercial purposes, including the processing of personal data for anonymizing it.
Your personal data is processed for the following purposes:
1. RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
The main purpose of processing personal data is to manage the relationship between us and you, or a company you represent, including managing and responding to your activities, asking your feedback or communicating with you. In these cases, our processing is based on the contract between you, or a company you represent, and us, or our legitimate interests to serve you based on your choices and provide you world-class services.
2. MARKETING AND ANALYTICS
We will process personal data in order to deliver you relevant content at the Website (e.g. information about Accountor services) and to understand the effectiveness of the advertising and the Website structure. We may market and inform you about Accountor services. Further, your personal data may also be used for market research and customer surveys as well as to develop and improve the Website, customer experience, or our own or our partners operations. We may combine the data collected about you from publicly available sources, and from our different interactions with you. Processing of personal data is based on our legitimate interest to have relevant information at hand to better understand our customers and to promote and develop relevant services.
You may object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing at any time (please see General Statement section of “Your rights”).
3. WEBSITE ADMINISTRATION, INFORMATION SECURITY AND INTERNAL REPORTING
We process personal data to administer and maintain the Website, including for supporting, reporting and hosting of data and content therein. Your personal data may be used to ensure the information security of the Website. We may also generate internal reports for management purposes based on personal data. In these cases, the processing is based on our legitimate interest to operate business effectively and to ensure that the Website has an adequate level of information security as well as that there are necessary information available to develop our services and operations as well as to manage our business.
4. COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAW
We may process your personal data in order to meet our statutory obligations e.g. to fulfil authorities’ requests based on the law.
5. OTHER PURPOSES YOU HAVE CONSENTED TO
We may process your personal data also for one or more specific purposes, if you have consented to such processing.
We send commercial e-mails that typically include technologies (web beacons, cookies or similar) that allow us to know what you do with the message (open, read etc.) and links you may click. When you click a link in a marketing e-mail you receive from us, we will also use a cookie to log what pages you view and what content you download from our Website.
You may control the use of your personal data for marketing purposes. You can ask Accountor to stop sending you marketing messages by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at at any time. In such case, we will retain minimum personal data to respect your choice in order to avoid contacting you again.
Please note that even though you opt-out of marketing, we may need to contact and communicate with you in connection with the other purposes your personal data is processed for.
Third party links
The Website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their data processing practices. Please check relevant information on third-party data processing from their websites.
To learn more about cookies, please see the Cookie Notice!
Changes to Website Visitor Statement
We may update this Website Visitor Statement at any time, if required in order to reflect the changes in our data processing practices. The last update was on January, 18th, 2019.