From March 26 people over the age of 65 or with a chronic illness residing in Moscow and the Moscow region are to stay at home
The Moscow Mayor and Moscow Region Governor have signed orders stating that from March 26, 2020 to April 14, 2020 people residing in Moscow and the Moscow region:
- Over the age of 65
- With a chronic illness (diabetes, asthma, chronic kidney disease, cancer) as well as those who have suffered a heart attack or stroke (you can find the complete list of diseases here)
must stay at home.
What does this mean for employers?
Employers are required to ensure that these employees work remotely or provide them with paid leave or sick leave.
The following employees are not be required to stay at home/work from home:
- Employees whose presence at work is vital for the functioning of their organization;
- Health workers.
Employees may obtain a sick leave note without leaving home by calling this number: 8-495-870-45-09.
We recommend employers to compile a table with the following information:
- A list of employees over the age of 65 or with the abovementioned diseases;
- The measures taken for each of these employees (working from home, paid leave or sick leave).
Information for people requested to stay home
People who are to stay home will receive welfare assistance:
- Moscow residents will receive RUB 2,000 at the beginning of their home stay and RUB 2,000 at the end of their home stay subject to responsible home stay compliance;
- Moscow region residents will receive RUB 1,500 at the beginning of their home stay and RUB 1,500 at the end of their home stay.
Payments for communication and utilities
- Telecommunication operations must not disconnect phones and the internet if the balance of the people who are requested to stay home is zero or negative;
- Penalties for late payment of utility bills are canceled.
Assistance in Moscow
The Mayor of Moscow has announced that if elderly and chronically ill people need food, medicine delivered or have other queries, they can call 8-495-870-45-09 to order home delivery of medicines and medical products.